Incident Response (IR)
Incident Response Planning
Be Prepared for Your Next Cyber Incident
Incident response is the systematic approach in which an organization handles a cyber incident or a breach. At a minimum, every organization must have a clear and comprehensive incident response plan outlining roles and responsibilities, process and procedures in the event of a cyber incident. Every person involved in executing the incident response must be trained and should have participated in a series of tests of the plan.
An incident response plan should ideally contain
- Definition of an incident.
- Guidelines in terms of process to be followed depending on the type of incident.
- Procedures for incident handling and reporting.
- Procedures for investigation, reporting, communications.
- Procedures of containment, eradication and recovery.
- Once the incident is fully addressed, remediation process for future to ensure that such an incident does not recur.
Our services for incident response planning
PatientLock is your trusted partner in incident response planning and testing. We work with you in the end-to-end process for incident response. Specifically in the incident response planning stage, our services include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of a comprehensive incident response policy and plan for your business.
- Recommended timelines for various steps in your incident response process.
- Process and procedures for detection, reporting, investigation.
- Guidelines on handling communications internally and externally.
- Processes for containment, eradication and recovery depending on the type of incident.
- Testing exercises to thoroughly test and walk through your incident response plan.
- Process for capturing lessons learned and implementing the remediation.