Code of Ethics Policy
PatientLock is committed to protecting employees, partners, vendors and the company from illegal or damaging actions by individuals, either knowingly or unknowingly. When PatientLock addresses issues proactively and uses correct judgment, it will help set us apart from competitors. PatientLock will not tolerate any wrongdoing or impropriety at any time. PatientLock will take the appropriate measures act quickly in correcting the issue if the ethical code is broken.
The purpose of this policy is to establish a culture of openness, trust and to emphasize the employee’s and consumer’s expectation to be treated to fair business practices. This policy will serve to guide business behavior to ensure ethical conduct. Effective ethics is a team effort involving the participation and support of every PatientLock employee. All employees should familiarize themselves with the ethics guidelines that follow this introduction.
This policy applies to employees, contractors, consultants, temporaries, and other workers at PatientLock, including all personnel affiliated with third parties.
Executive Commitment to Ethics
- Senior leaders and executives within PatientLock must set a prime example. In any business practice, honesty and integrity must be top priority for executives.
- Executives must have an open-door policy and welcome suggestions and concerns from employees. This will allow employees to feel comfortable discussing any issues and will alert executives to concerns within the work force.
- Executives must disclose any conflict of interests regard their position within PatientLock.
Employee Commitment to Ethics
- PatientLock employees will treat everyone fairly, have mutual respect, promote a team environment and avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practices.
- Every PatientLock employee needs to apply effort and intelligence in maintaining ethics value.
- PatientLock employees must disclose any conflict of interests regard their position within PatientLock.
- PatientLock employees will help to increase customer and vendor satisfaction by providing quality product s and timely response to inquiries.
PatientLock employees should consider the following questions to themselves when any behavior is questionable:
• Is the behavior legal?
• Does the behavior comply with all appropriate PatientLock policies?
• Does the behavior reflect PatientLock values and culture?
• Could the behavior adversely affect company stakeholders?
• Would you feel personally concerned if the behavior appeared in a news headline?
• Could the behavior adversely affect PatientLock® if all employees did it?
- Promotion of ethical conduct within interpersonal communications of employees will be rewarded.
- PatientLock will promote a trustworthy and honest atmosphere to reinforce the vision of ethics within the company.
Maintaining Ethical Practices
- PatientLock will reinforce the importance of the integrity message and the tone will start at the top. Every employee, manager, director needs consistently maintain an ethical stance and support ethical behavior.
- Employees at PatientLock should encourage open dialogue, get honest feedback and treat everyone fairly, with honesty and objectivity.
- PatientLock has established a best practice disclosure committee to make sure the ethical code is delivered to all employees and that concerns regarding the code can be addressed.
- Employees are required to re-certify their compliance to the PatientLock Ethics Policy on an annual basis.
- PatientLock will avoid the intent and appearance of unethical or compromising practice in relationships, actions and communications.
- PatientLock will not tolerate harassment or discrimination.
- Unauthorized use of company trade secrets & marketing, operational, personnel, financial, source code, & technical information integral to the success of our company will not be tolerated.
- PatientLock will not permit impropriety at any time and we will act ethically and responsibly in accordance with laws.
- PatientLock employees will not use corporate assets or business relationships for personal use or gain.
PatientLock will verify compliance to this policy through various methods, including but not limited to, business tool reports, internal and external audits, and feedback.
An employee found to have violated this policy may be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Related Standards, Policies and Processes:
Code of Ethics Statement
Corporate Guiding Principles
Information Technology Ethics Policy
Definitions and Terms
1 Revision History
October 20th, 2019 (v10.20.19)
Responsible: J. Ford (PatientLock Policy Team)
Information Technology Ethics Policy
I, or I will:
• Strive to know myself and be honest about my capability.
• Strive for technical excellence in the IT profession by maintaining and enhancing my own knowledge and skills.
• Acknowledge that there are many free resources available on the Internet and affordable books and that the lack of my employer’s training budget is not an excuse nor limits my ability to stay current in IT.
• Demonstrate my performance capability with my skills via projects, leadership, and/or accredited educational programs and will encourage others to do so as well.
• Not hesitate to seek assistance or guidance when faced with a task beyond my abilities or experience.
• Embrace other professionals’ advice and learn from their experiences and mistakes.
• Treat this as an opportunity to learn new techniques and approaches.
• Respond willingly to share my knowledge with others.
• Convey any knowledge (specialist or otherwise) that I have gained to others so everyone gains the benefit of each other’s knowledge.
• Teach the willing and empower others with Industry Best Practices (IBP).
• Offer my knowledge to show others how to become security professionals in their own right.
• Strive to be perceived as and be an honest and trustworthy employee.
• Not advance private interests at the expense of end users, colleagues, or my employer.
• Not abuse my power. I will use my technical knowledge, user rights, and permissions only
to fulfill my responsibilities to my employer.
• Avoid and be alert to any circumstances or actions that might lead to conflicts of interest or the perception of conflicts of interest. If such circumstance occurs, I will notify my employer or business partners.
• Not steal property, time or resources.
• Reject bribery or kickbacks and will report such illegal activity.
• Report on the illegal activities of myself and others without respect to the punishments involved.
• Not tolerate those who lie, steal, or cheat as a means of success in IT.
• Conduct my business in a manner that assures the IT profession is considered one of integrity and professionalism.
• Not injure others, their property, reputation, or employment by false or malicious action.
• Not use availability and access to information for personal gains through corporate espionage.
• Distinguish between advocacy and engineering.
• Not present analysis and opinion as fact.
• Adhere to Industry Best Practices (IBP) for system design, rollout, hardening and testing.
• Am obligated to report all system vulnerabilities that might result in significant damage.
• Respect intellectual property and will be careful to give credit for other’s work.
• Never steal or misuse copyrighted, patented material, trade secrets or any other intangible asset.
• Accurately document my setup procedures and any modifications I have done to equipment. This will ensure that others will be informed of procedures and changes I’ve made.
• Respect privacy and confidentiality.
• Respect the privacy of my co-workers’ information.
• Not peruse or examine their information including data, files, records, or network traffic except as defined by the appointed roles, the organization’s acceptable use policy, as approved by Human Resources, and without the permission of the end user.
• Obtain permission before probing systems on a network for vulnerabilities.
• Respect the right to confidentiality with my employers, clients, and users except as dictated by applicable law.
• Respect human dignity.
• Treasure and will defend equality, justice and respect for others.
• Not participate in any form of discrimination, whether due to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender/sexual identity or expression, marital status, creed, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or political ideology.
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill a Client request.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from PatientLock at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.